Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Biking Across America 6/27 Day 4

Before I left to bike, I just so figured out that the University of Virginia was right across the street from where I was staying.
Instead of leaving early as planned, I decided to go check out the campus.
I spent about two hours wandering the beautiful campus and then talked with this extremely helpful lady from the admissions office, Emily, before I left.

I started around 5 and I didn't cycle that much today.
Partially because I was saving my energy for the next day to get over the mountains and partially because those 80 miles from the day before made my legs feel 20 lbs heavier.
The last 3 miles were all uphill; (30-40 degree slope) I think it was the prerequisite to going over the mountain.

Distance traveled: 21 miles
Time: 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment