Monday, July 25, 2011

Can't Call it Quits / Day 23

Pedaling 25 miles fully rested is no problem, but pedaling 25 miles at your physical limit really is the most challenging.

I remember telling myself that I wasn't going to make it to Springfield the whole first 2 hours. You know, I was ready just to call it quits for today and stay a campsite right in the middle of where I started and where I was supposed to go.
But then I thought, "I've always gotten to my set destination without quitting. Can't break that record now."

So I stopped at Marshfield, ate some lunch, took a nap and then grudgingly headed on my way.
In the end, I was proud of myself that I was able to complete these last 25 miles and make it to Springfield. Even though it took all my mental and physical strength, I'm glad I made it.

Distance Traveled: 50 miles
Time outside: 11 hours
Dogs that took chase: 1
Shoutout to Tatiana and Jackie at the Honk Kong Inn for being such amicable and enthusiastic people.

Hartville, MO >> Springfield, MO

(Undeniably my favorite sign)

No comments:

Post a Comment