Monday, July 25, 2011

Self-Propelled Rollercoaster / Day 22

You power yourself up a hill, then let gravity pull you down.
It's been like this for the past 3 days and if anything, it's not nearly as fun as Six Flags.
It rained for 2 hours today and I rode through all of it because there was practically no shelter or time. The rain made the rode extra slippery so I had to brake going downhill.
This meant that I couldn't use all the momentum to propel myself up someways.
But it's fine, I still made it through.
(This pic doesn't even begin to explain the Ozark hills >>)

At night, I met this wonderful woman named Shawnty and a guy named Mike with his family.
They were so kind and thoughtful that it made me realize again how good the world can be.
I know today, there were many cars that would honk at me because I was riding on the road, (there was no shoulder)
and I'd be like. "WTF.Why don't you come bike a bajillon miles in the rain while I sit in a nice red Mustang?!"
Then I met Shawnty and Mike and my perception about people changed for the better.
They spent nearly half an hour trying to find a place for my dad and I to stay.
In the end, we took their advice and headed to the county courthouse to stay for the night. AC!
And my perception of people will probably always be this up and down cycle, almost just like a rollercoaster.

By the way, this was written as a word doc yesterday. That's why the tense is different.

Distance Traveled: 77 miles
Time outside: 12 hours
Dogs that took chase: 12 (The dogs here have anger management issues...)
Temp high: 94 degrees

Salem, MO >> Hartville, MO

No comments:

Post a Comment