Saturday, July 23, 2011

Up and Down Day 21

Very routine ride today.
The Ozarks have very scenic routes but it's mostly just the redundant hills and trees.
Occasionally, you'll see that one beautiful lake where the water is as blue as the sky and you can see the fish swimming on the bottom.

One of the highlights of the day was when a black butterfly with center-blue wings flew next to me for a minute. It was just so nice having company.

Something I learned about the Ozarks today: A steep downhill is always followed by an equally steep uphill. I like flat-lands better.

Distance traveled: 76 miles
Time outside: 9 hours
Temp high: 94 degrees. (Heat index was 114.1 according to my odometer. Humidity was pretty bad) Its been so hot the past couple days that my odometer has been overheating. The screen would turn a fried brown and I'd have to put it into some ice (wrapped in plastic bag) for it to cool back down.

Farmington, MO >> Salem, MO

(Wish I had AC while riding...)
(Some street names are named after letters in MO)

No comments:

Post a Comment