Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hell's Kitchen Day 18

Flat lands - finally.
My average went up a whole one mile per hour, which is actually pretty good considering you ride for more than 7 hours a day.
Sometimes, you go slightly uphill (3% gradient) and you'd go for a mile but you wouldn't even recognize the fact that you were going up until you look back.

Mainly today though, the heat was kill.
Half the time, I wanted to fall down and die. I could see for miles around since the land is flat, you could see the heat waves rising from the ground a hundred feet in front of you in pretty much every direction you looked.

Also, the heat would bounce off the black top, rise up and hit me from the bottom so I pretty much got cooked all around.
Scenery was beautiful though. <<

99 degrees high and 110 heat index.

Distance traveled: 70 miles
Time outside: 12 hours

Shawneetown Il >> Murphysboro Il

No comments:

Post a Comment