Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hospitality Day 34

Woke up in the laundry room of a campsite. Not the best sleep I've ever had, but hey, if it's somewhere to sleep, I'll take it.
Headed out at around 10 (late) and had elevation sickness again for a while, but after heading down the mountain, it improved a bit.

Basically, the Rockies are beautiful. The mountains aren't the most fun to climb but when you get to the top and look down at the landscape, it's really a sight to see. Pictures don't do Colorado justice, but I'll put them up anyway

So today I passed "A Mimi's Cafe" and I saw a guy with black hair. At first I was like, "No way, it's not possible for an Asian person to be out here in Colorado." (I haven't seen one in the last 500 miles) but then I rode up to him and yea, it blew my mind away.
Got into a good chat with Ophus Wong and his dad, Albert, who eventually let us stay at his home for the night. (Pic in next post)

Not only did he make really good Chinese food for dinner, but I got to stay in a nice warm house. Wait, why warm? Because in Colorado, the nights get to be around 40 - 50 degrees and it is mad cold outside. I didn't expect this kind of weather so pretty much all I have are short sleeves and short pants. Big difference from the 100+ degrees in Kansas.

Distance traveled: 57 miles
Time outside: 10 hours

Westcliffe, CO >> Maysville, CO

Thank you Wong family for the great place to stay!
Shoutout to Steve for all the pics he help take and just being someone great to talk to.

(Gotta be here to see it for yourself)

No comments:

Post a Comment