Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CALIFORNIA! Day 48

I felt so high crossing into Cali, not that I know what it feels like, but if I were ever high, I'm pretty sure that's what it would feel like. I literally biked down the road screaming, "I BIKED HERE FROM VIRGINIA. GRAH." - beast mode. Basically, I was just too happy.

Anyway, start of the day, was pretty much flats with some rolling hills until Carson City. Minor headwind, but hey, I've honestly gotten used to them on flats by now. Stayed at the state capital for a while to take in the sights. Bought new biker shorts because pretty much all the other ones were breaking in some form or another.
As soon as I left Carson City, there was this 9 mile climb into pure 15 mph headwind. The gradient was no longer 6%, it felt like 9% the whole way to the top.

It was so frustrating at some points that I actually biked faster out of anger. So many times, I just wanted to turn around and go downhill. Can you imagine how fast I would go with that tailwind? After about an hour and a half of climbing, I finally made it to the top. On my way down, I saw Lake Tahoe - it was one of the most beautiful sunset rides I have ever done.

Got to the state border around 9 and had only 2 miles until I hit the campsite. The whole way there, I couldn' t help but look at the beautiful lake lit only by a full moon.

Distance Traveled: 61 miles
Time outside: 9 hours

Silver Springs, NV >> South Lake Tahoe, CA !!!!

(STATE BORDER)





No comments:

Post a Comment