Saturday, August 13, 2011

Arches and ... Swells?! Day 39

Went To Arches National Park today. Extremely beautiful place except for the long hikes to see most of the "cool" arches. My knee was starting to hurt pretty badly so my dad and I decided to take the short walks to see the small arches. Maybe one day when I come back, I'll do the entire 5 mile roundtrip hike to see the most famous arch, delicate arch.

Coming out of the park, we decided to get...(guess)....cheeseburgers and we drove back out to the place I left off the day before. Started at 4:30 and after 20 miles, I hit the San Rafael swells.
So first are the mountains and hills, now they're swells? I've never even heard of these things until Utah.

So I start climbing and it was a freaking pain. The view was gorgeous, but as soon as the sun set, it dropped to the low 50's. I couldn't even stop biking even if I wanted to or needed a break because as soon as I did, I would get ridiculously cold. In the end, climbed 4 miles of steep grade before I called it a day.


Total distance: 42 miles
Time outside: 5 hours

20 miles before Green River, UT >> 22 miles after Green River, UT

(Mystery machine out in the middle of nowhere)

No comments:

Post a Comment